Window Cleaner Leeds
What is a Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning leeds System?
Water fed pole window cleaning system consists of a 5 Stage water treatment system and the use of composite glass or carbon fibre water fed poles to deliver 100% pure water to the window or facade surface. The water treatment system utilizes reverse osmosis and mixed bed demineralising resin to produce 100% pure, laboratory grade water. The nature of water in this demineralised state is to strive to return to its natural impure state by actively absorbing all dirt, chemicals and minerals it comes across.
Traditional window cleaning leaves a sticky soap residue, which attracts fresh dirt back to the window. With continued use this system actually sterilizes the whole window and frame removing all chemicals and detergents used previously.
The precedent has been set by the Replacement Window Industry, where glass used to produce double glazed sealed units is washed and rinsed using de-mineralised water prior to assembly. This is the reason that sealed units remain optically perfect for many years.
Why do you use the Water fed pole method for window cleaning?
1. Better Cleaning
2. Legislation now limits the use of ladders as temporary workstations. The law states that ladders should only be used when all viable safer alternatives have been considered. Water fed pole systems are seen as a safer alternative. This window cleaning method allows us to do the job to a very high standard and I feel it is a sensible decision to choose to work from the safety of the ground. After all, no matter how careful you are, unfortunately accidents do happen.
The use of water fed poles as an alternative to ladders where possible to do so, is now seen as the accepted way of cleaning windows in harmony with recent health and safety legislation.
3. Reduced disturbance Although we do our best to keep disturbance to a minimum, ladder use causes some inevitable disturbance. eg rattling of the metal ladders, dents in your lawn etc. These problems are avoided with the use of water fed poles.
4. Increased privacy Something many householders appreciate is that by using water fed poles instead of ladders, there is no more need to worry about the window cleaner suddenly appearing at the bedroom window. No more running around tidying up or shutting the curtains!
5. Improved access We can now reach with ease previously inaccessible aspects of your property such as third floor windows, conservatory roofs, windows above the conservatory or sloping roofs and other windows that previously had to be left for safety reasons.
6. Added services It is now possible for us to clean many more external features of your property. Frames, UPVC, panelling and cladding, canopies, guttering, fascias, garage doors etc.
Will the new system clean my windows as well as the old method?
Water fed poles window cleaning is recognised to be as good if not better than conventional methods. Once the first couple of cleans have been carried out the standard will be as good, and your frames will also get a thorough clean every visit. The use of Water fed poles is recognised by the British Window Cleaning Academy as a safe and effective method.
Will the water fed pole leave any water marks/drips on our windows?
If you have had a traditional window cleaner in the past this may cause minor spotting and streaking for the first few washes, especially if your windows/frames have not been cleaned for a long time.
Although we will do our best to rinse away as much as possible of the soap residue left from previous traditional cleaning methods, please allow for some slight spotting for the first clean. Soap tends to lodge around the edge of the frames, and it may take a few cleans to completely rinse it away.
Can you clean our windows if its raining?
If we look at the natural water cycle, we learn that the water evaporates from the surface of lakes, rivers and the sea. Their mineral content is left behind when the water vaporises, which means that when the water condenses and forms clouds, the water is pure.
Its this pure water that falls as rain. but the rain water does not stay pure for long however, because as it falls through the atmosphere, the water molecules bind to and dissolve all the minerals it comes into contact with on its way to the ground.
While this water is no longer pure, it does have a relatively low mineral content. In the UK the total dissolved solids reading of this water is around 14 TDS, we have a limit for our spot free windows cleaning of 9 TDS or lower. (Our own mains supply is around 300 TDS)
When we clean windows with pure water, the water is left to dry naturally on the glass, when the rain comes into contact with this water, it serves to dilute the rain water. If an equal amount of rain water falls on the freshly washed glazing, the TDS reading of that water will then read about 7 TDS within our range for spot free cleaning. window cleaner leeds can help.
In short then, you can clean windows with pure water in all but the most torrential rain with most satisfactory results.
Most of our clients have no problem with us calling when the weather is far from ideal at window cleaner leeds.
Will your water fed pole clean my uPVC frames
Yes it will, and we always clean you frames every visit.
Can you wash windows that have wooden window frames?
Yes, as long as your window frames are in prime condition. If the paint work is old and flaking, it can be a problem.
Why should we use the “Pure Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning System”?
Using the pure water fed pole system will give greater privacy (no window cleaner looking through your bedroom windows) and will eliminate any damage that may occur by resting ladders on window frames, etc. also using no detergents so is very environmentally friendly.
We have leaded windows, can you wash our windows?
Yes, no problem at all.
How often should our windows be cleaned?
We recommend once a month due to the notorious British weather. A cleaning frequency of more than 8 weeks will be classed as a first clean and therefore the charge may be more than if it were more frequently.
Do you offer a one-off window cleaning service?
Yes we do.
Are you insured?
Yes we are fully insured, up to £2 million public liability.
Do you offer any guarantee?
If you are not 100% happy with the final finish, please contact us and we will come back and rectify the problem free of charge.
How can we pay you?
A number payment options can be found on our payments page.